Piles are a medical condition, also known as haemorrhoids, affecting men and women throughout the world. Around 75% of the Indian population has been affected by piles, and the primary reason is a lack of awareness of this ailment. People nowadays make unhealthy eating choices and have unhealthy lifestyles, which might increase the risk of piles in them. On the other hand, women may be more susceptible to piles because of factors such as pregnancy, hormone changes, and lifestyle choices. In this article, we will delve into the likelihood of piles occurring in women, the symptoms associated with this condition, available treatments for piles in India, home remedies to alleviate discomfort, and the surgical options available. Additionally, we will provide a recommendation for a piles specialist in Delhi.
How Likely It Occurs in Women?
While piles can affect anyone, women are more likely to develop this condition. One of the major concerns is that approximately 25% to 30% of women in India are suffering from this ailment. Especially during the third trimester of pregnancy, the increased pressure on the rectal area in women’s bodies can lead to the development or worsening of piles. Changes in hormones during pregnancy can also weaken veins and increase the chance of developing haemorrhoids. Additionally, factors such as obesity, chronic constipation, and a sedentary lifestyle can contribute to the piles in women.
Piles Common symptoms
The symptoms of piles might vary from person to person based on the severity of the medical condition. The common symptoms in any person are as follows:
- Itching, irritation, and discomfort in the anal area.
- Pain or discomfort during bowel movements.
- Presence of bright red blood in the stool or on toilet paper.
- Swelling and inflammation around the anus.
- A lump or protrusion felt near the anus.
- Leakage of faeces or mucus.
Piles Treatment Options and surgery in India
In India, piles are curable and there are several effective treatment options available for piles that are effective for the large number of patients suffering from piles. The treatment available for piles is as follows:
- Lifestyle Modifications: Changes in your diet by incorporating fibre-rich foods, drinking plenty of fluids, and engaging in regular exercise can help alleviate symptoms and prevent piles from worsening.
- Topical Medications: Pain and itching can be relieved temporarily using over-the-counter lotions, ointments, and suppositories.
- Oral Medications: In some cases, doctors prescribe oral medications to reduce inflammation, relieve pain, and soften the stool to ease bowel movements.
- Minimally Invasive Procedures: Non-surgical treatments like rubber band ligation, sclerotherapy, and infrared coagulation can be performed in an outpatient setting and are effective in treating internal piles.
- Hemorrhoidectomy: When non-surgical therapies fail or are ineffective in severe cases, a surgical procedure known as a hemorrhoidectomy may be suggested. This implies surgical removal of the piles.
Remedies to Treat Piles
In addition to medical interventions, several home remedies can provide relief from the discomfort caused by piles. These include:
- Warm Sitz Baths: Sitting in warm water for 15-20 minutes several times a day can help soothe the affected area and reduce pain.
- Proper Hygiene: Keeping the anal area clean and dry is essential to prevent infection. Gently cleansing the area with water or using moist wipes can be helpful.
- Applying Cold Compresses: Placing a cold compress or ice pack on the affected area can help reduce swelling and alleviate pain.
- Using Stool Softeners: Over-the-counter stool softeners can make bowel movements easier, reducing the strain on the rectal area.
Piles Surgery in India
In cases where conservative treatments fail or when piles are severely symptomatic, surgery may be necessary. India offers various surgical options, including:
- Conventional Hemorrhoidectomy: In severe cases, this surgical procedure, involving removing the haemorrhoids using a scalpel, is recommended.
- Stapled Hemorrhoidopexy: This procedure involves using a circular stapler to remove the excess tissue and reposition the hemorrhoidal cushions.
- Laser Hemorrhoidoplasty: Laser treatment can effectively shrink the haemorrhoids by sealing off the blood vessels that supply them, leading to their regression.
Piles are a common condition that can significantly impact the quality of life for women. Recognizing the likelihood of piles occurring in women, understanding the symptoms, and seeking appropriate treatment is essential for managing this condition effectively. With a range of treatment options available in Delhi, including lifestyle modifications, medications, minimally invasive procedures, and Piles Surgery in Delhi, women can find relief from the discomfort caused by piles.
For women in Delhi, seeking specialized treatment for piles, one should consult a highly skilled and experienced Piles Doctor for Women who can provide personalized and comprehensive care to patients, utilizing the latest advancements in the field of proctology and Piles Surgery in Delhi. With a patient-centric approach and a commitment to delivering effective and long-lasting results, Piles Doctor for Women can provide the necessary guidance and treatment options tailored to each patient’s specific needs.